Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Abduction: Released Afenifere youth leader ignored invitation for debriefing – Police
  • National News

Abduction: Released Afenifere youth leader ignored invitation for debriefing – Police

Admin May 27, 2025
Ekiti abductors

Police logo

May 27, 2025

The Police Command in Ondo State has alleged that the Afenifere Youth Council President, Mr. Eniola Ojajuni, ignored invitations from the command for a debriefing after he was released by his abductors.

DSP Olushola Ayanlade, the command’s spokesperson made this known in a statement on Tuesday following an allegation by Ojajuni that the police failed to invite him after his release from the kidnappers’ den.

Ayanlade stated that contrary to Ojajuni’s claim, he was neither kidnapped nor released within Ondo State.

He explained that the command made efforts by collaborating with other security agencies, to facilitate his safe return, “even in the face of numerous inconsistencies” in his statements.

“These inconsistencies were directly contradicted by accounts provided by his wife and brothers, all of whom were contacted during the period of his supposed abduction.

“Following his release, Mr. Ojajuni has persistently ignored multiple invitations from the Ondo State Police Command for a formal debriefing.

“This debriefing could have significantly aided ongoing investigations, especially given the unusual nature of the claims surrounding his case.

“To be clear, the alleged abduction of Mr. Eniola Ojajuni remains shrouded in mystery, marked by conflicting narratives and actions inconsistent with the known modus operandi of kidnapping syndicates in the state,” he said.

Ayanlade explained that a video released by his purported abductors during his alleged captivity was at odds with the behaviour of any such groups previously investigated or arrested.

“Intelligence gathered from past kidnapping cases and confessions by arrested suspects indicate that many of these criminals do not even own smartphones, let alone record or disseminate footage of their victims.

“This unusual detail raises further questions and could potentially compromise legitimate efforts to trace and apprehend actual criminals,” he said.

He, therefore, urged the public, especially individuals with credible evidence or knowledge of criminal activities, to come forward and assist the police in the pursuit of justice.

Ayanlade, who said that the Nigeria Police Force was a professional law enforcement body committed to upholding justice without fear or favour, said anyone found culpable regardless of social status would face the full weight of the law.

“Security is a collective responsibility.

“We appeal to all residents of Ondo State to continue to support the police and other security agencies as we intensify our efforts to protect lives and property,” he said.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Afenifere Youth Council DSP Olushola Ayanlade Eniola Ojajuni

Post navigation

Previous One killed, many trapped as building collapses in Lagos
Next FG inaugurates feeding programme to reach 20m out-of-school children in 2026

Related Stories

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos Scammers
  • National News

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos Scammers
  • National News

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

August 19, 2026
Peter Obi is Nigerians’ Candidate of Conscience – Media Office
  • Politics

Peter Obi is Nigerians’ Candidate of Conscience – Media Office

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.