Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • 27 Killed in Yobe, Kano Bomb Blasts
  • National News

27 Killed in Yobe, Kano Bomb Blasts

Admin February 25, 2015

No fewer than 27 people were killed Tuesday as terrorists detonated improvised explosive devices in

Two separate attacks in Yobe and Kano. Scores were injured in the blasts which served as a wake up call to the military which was already celebrating victory over the Boko Haram insurgents.

The blasts were recorded in Potiskum, Yobe State and Kano, Kano State in north eastern and north western Nigeria respectively.

The Potiskum bomb blast which was detonated by a female suicide bomber at the Tashar Dan-Borno Motor Park left 53 others injured.

The female suicide bomber was said to have alighted from a tricycle opposite the Motor Park and immediately made her way towards a bus ready to take off to Kano when she detonated the explosive.

“This is the worse suicide bombing so far recorded since the commencement of the insurgency, as it has recorded 15 deaths so far while 53 persons are lying critically injured and there is a high possibility that the death toll will rise considering the extent of injuries so far on ground,” a nursing officer who pleaded anonymity told Channels TV.

The Kano explosion also occurred at a motor park known as Kano Line and was carried out by two male suicide bombers described to be within the ages of 15 and 16.

As at the time of filing this report, no group has claimed responsibility.

However, it is believed that the dreaded Boko Haram insurgents may have carried out both attacks.

The insurgents have suffered heavy casualty of late in the hands of Nigerian troops with the compliments of Nigeria’s neighbours- Cameroon, Chad and Niger Republic. Last weekend, the military pounded the strongholds of the insurgents in north east both aerially and terrestrially, forcing them to flee. The insurgents reportedly perished in their hundreds in Lake Chad.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Female Bomber Kills Five Near Yobe Phone Market
Next Soludo Knocks Jonathan on Missing N30 trillions

Related Stories

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena 

August 17, 2026
BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband Police
  • Crime and Justice

Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband

August 17, 2026
Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism
  • Commentaries

Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism

August 17, 2026
West Africa cocoa sector struggles to meet EU anti-deforestation rules, raising supply concerns
  • Business & Economy

West Africa cocoa sector struggles to meet EU anti-deforestation rules, raising supply concerns

August 17, 2026
NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena 

August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.