Wike’s loyalists behind attacks on oil installations in Rivers – Fubara’s aide
In a statement issued on Thursday, Chief Press Secretary to Fubara, Nelson Chukwudi, described the allegations as baseless and a result of misinformation provided to the Presidency by individuals failing in their duty to present accurate reports.

Suspended Governor Siminalayi Fubara of Rivers State has refuted claims by FCT minister, Nyesom Wike, that he failed to prevent militants attacking oil installations in the state.
In a statement issued on Thursday, Chief Press Secretary to Fubara, Nelson Chukwudi, described the allegations as baseless and a result of misinformation provided to the Presidency by individuals failing in their duty to present accurate reports.
Rather, he accused Wike’s loyalists of masterminding attacks on oil installations in the state to spite Fubara.
Chukwudi said that the recent tensions in the Niger Delta were primarily sparked by controversial remarks made by the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, during a media interview.
He said Wike provoked the Ijaw nation by his remarks that tended to put them down; adding that Fubara had always advocated for the protection of oil installations in the state.
“As a responsible leader, Governor Fubara has continuously invested in security agencies, providing modern equipment, vehicles, gunboats, and even helicopters to support law enforcement efforts in the state,” the statement read. “His unwavering commitment to peace has contributed to increased oil production and revenue for the country since assuming office on May 29, 2023,” he said.
On the demolition of the State House of Assembly Chambers in Port Harcourt, Chukwudi explained that the decision was based on expert recommendations, stressing that the Governor had already commenced the re-construction of the complex.
He recalled that during his tenure as governor, Wike had himself condemned the deteriorating condition of the facility and dismissed calls for government intervention.
He said following the October 29, 2023, incident that led to the demolition, the Rivers State Government initiated reconstruction efforts, with the project now nearing 80% completion.
He also cited the peaceful local government elections held on October 5, 2024, as evidence of Fubara’s commitment to stability.
He condemned violent attacks on council secretariats by individuals allegedly loyal to the FCT minister.
Chukwudi called on security agencies to investigate the real perpetrators of violence in the state, cautioning against misdirected accusations against Fubara.
“It is false to suggest that Governor Fubara, who has consistently preached peace even in the face of provocation, would endorse attacks on oil pipelines or any form of violence,” he said.